Year 8-12 Application

Due to the exceptional growth of the College’s student population and limited infrastructure, we are often only able to enrol students who reside permanently within the College’s zone. We expect students’ families will remain permanent residents within the zone for the duration of their child’s education at McKinnon Secondary College.

Families wishing to enrol their child at McKinnon as permanent residents within the College’s zone need to provide the following evidence:

  • A copy of a current Rates notice or a current lease/rent agreement from a registered real estate agent in the name of the custodial parent/guardian above (privately negotiated lease/rental arrangements will not be accepted as evidence of residence within the McKinnon SC zone)
  • Copy of bond receipt from registered real estate agent (if property is leased/rented)
  • Original of a recent electricity bill/connection notice with matching parent/guardian and address as shown above (a photocopy is not acceptable)
  • A legible photocopy of a current Victorian Driver’s Licence in the name of the custodial parent/guardian, including the current residential address
  • A removalist’s records/receipt (for families that have moved into the zone in the previous 12 months)

Applicants must also provide:

  • A copy of the student’s birth certificate
  • If applicable, relevant Family Court documents must also be attached to prove you are the child’s parent/guardian
  • For non-Australian-born applicants, a copy of the student’s passport and visa
  • A copy of the student’s most recent school report

Given the large student population, please contact the College prior to finalising accommodation arrangements within the school zone to discuss whether your child will be able to enrol in a particular year level.  After contacting the College, families who wish to enrol students at McKinnon Secondary College in Years 8 – 12 must complete an expression of interest form, which can be obtained from the General Office.

SchooTour dates - are no longer going ahead as planned and a new date will be confirmed at a later time.